An organization that has a culturally competent care is aware that different cultural groups are influenced by choices of that organization. Therefore the organization runs efficiently to ascertain that the perspectives are put in mind in the process of decision making (Betancourt et al, 2016).
If an organization has culturally competent care, then it absorbs all the worries and complaints brought up concerning cultural issues to be rational and essential in the company.
Culturally competent care comprehends that the needs of various customers might call for being served by individuals whom they can culturally identify. Moreover, such an organization acknowledges that it is important for their workers to have mentors whom they share their cultural experiences. Such mentors enable the employees to remain motivated, and therefore they increase their productivity (Douglas et al, 2014).
A culturally competent care implies that the organization pays attention to the needs of its customers as well as the workers without the need of making general assumptions concerning individuals concerning their cultural group. Also, such an organization recognizes culture to be a principle force that governs norms, values, and behavior (Huey et al, 2014).
Strategies for Providing Culturally Competent Care
Organizations can apply various strategies to provide culturally competent care. The first step is to outline the objectives to be followed and all the activities required to arrive at the success. For example, the organization can come up with policies that ensure safety and protect all the rights of the employees.
Also, so as to provide a culturally competent care companies ought to perform a cultural audit by outlining the various cultures depicted in the organization. For example, the organization can point out both negative and positive stereotypes like family-oriented or work-focused and quiet or expressive. Such information can help in understanding the employees and therefore enhance the provision of cultural competence care (Saha et al, 2103).
Betancourt, J. R., Green, A. R., Carrillo, J. E., & Owusu Ananeh-Firempong, I. I. (2016). Defining cultural competence: a practical framework for addressing racial/ethnic disparities in health and health care. Public health reports.Douglas, M. K., Rosenkoetter, M., Pacquiao, D. F., Callister, L. C., Hattar-Pollara, M., Lauderdale, J., ... & Purnell, L. (2014). Guidelines for implementing culturally competent nursing care. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 25(2), 109-121.
Huey Jr, S. J., Tilley, J. L., Jones, E. O., & Smith, C. A. (2014). The contribution of cultural competence to evidence-based care for ethnically diverse populations. Annual Review of Clinical Psychology, 10, 305-338.
Saha, S., Korthuis, P. T., Cohn, J. A., Sharp, V. L., Moore, R. D., & Beach, M. C. (2013). Primary care provider cultural competence and racial disparities in HIV care and outcomes. Journal of general internal medicine, 28(5), 622-629.
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the collegeessaywriter.net website, please click below to request its removal:
- Management Essay Example: International Facilitation of American Companies
- Essay on Health Management Organizations
- Essay Example on Strategic Management in Apple Inc.
- Essay Sample on JFK Airport Operations
- Essay Example on Ground Stops in Airports
- Article Review Example: Using the Path-Goal Theory Leadership to Enhance Administration of Nursing Care Services
- Ethics in Human Resource Management - Research Paper Sample
- Introduction to the Deep Park Water Inc Company - Paper Example
- Essay on Merchandise Management: Pros and Cons of National Brands vs. Private Label Brands
- Investigating Thresholds of Self-Storage Concepts That Could Be Introduced to Satisfy Customers Needs
- Coursework Sample: Impact of Various Operational Processes on Brookdale Hospital
- Efficient Business Communication for Both Clients and Team Members - Paper Example
- Essay Sample on Subculture and Counterculture: Hip-Hop Culture
- Coursework Example: Phil Spector's Original Sound and Recording Style
- Rio Olympic Games - Paper Example