QUESTION: (Does video gaming negatively or positively impact youth)
Question analysis: Currently, due to developing communicative technologies, computer games are becoming attractive and have a great influence on youths. The growing fame of video games has impacted youth, especially those who spend hour after hour playing them. Educationist argues that games played with teen help in reinforcing the concept of effectiveness of teamwork
THESIS (Nonetheless, there have been a lot of problems related with extreme video games. It is evident that this new wave of video games has the adverse effect on youth.)
1. Violence is life threatening and is the overwhelming theme of many video games and playing violent video games can lead to emotional decentralization (Przybylski,2014).
2. Video games lead to addiction and youth give them much priority (Shokouhi-Moqhaddam et al.,2013).
3. Video games can negatively affect the teenage performance at school and fall to work at their maximum level at work places since they are exhausted from a late night of playing video games (Groves & Anderson, 2015)References
Przybylski, A. K. (2014). Electronic gaming and psychosocial adjustment. Pediatrics, 134(3), e716-e722.
The article focused on the emotional influence of electronic gaming especially violent games that are believed to change the way teen behave.
Relevance to Essay:
Playing violent games raises violent behavior, feelings and thoughts. When youth repeatedly play violence games, it decreases the ability of original game to provoke guilt after committing atrocities for players
Shokouhi-Moqhaddam, S., Khezri-Moghadam, N., Javanmard, Z., Sarmadi-Ansar, H., Aminaee, M., Shokouhi-Moqhaddam, M., & Zivari-Rahman, M. (2013). A study of the correlation between computer games and adolescent behavioral problems. Addiction & Health, 5(1-2), 43
The essay focussed on a correlation between computer games and adolescent behaviour problem.
Relevance to Essay:
Youth end up spending more time playing these games than participating in real that include physical exercise something that negatively impacts their health. Addiction results in many medical issues such as eyestrain, backaches and carpal tunnel syndrome among others (Shokouhi-Moqhaddam et al.,2013).
Groves, C. L., & Anderson, C. A. (2015). Adverse effects of Video Game Play. Handbook of Digital Games and Entertainment Technologies, 1-26.
The article has focused on the adverse effects of video games highlighting on how youth end up performing poorly in school and at workplaces.
Relevance to Essay
Young people who spend more than two hours a day playing have trouble in falling asleep and have problems in paying attention in class. Also, young people perform poorly in class since they prefer playing games than having personal studies after normal school classes that contribute to only 40 percent of what we learn (Groves & Anderson, 2015).
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the collegeessaywriter.net website, please click below to request its removal:
- Essay Example on Leader-Member Exchange Theory and Social Network Theory
- Research Paper Example - Contributions to Empowering Women
- Some Questions on Sociology and Psychology
- Presentation Example on Diversity at the Workplace
- Ferber's Guidelines on Becoming an Activist for Social Equity and Inclusion - Essay Example
- The Impact of Mens Sheds Program on the Social Connectedness of Men in the Society - Paper Example
- Essay Sample: How Sociological Theories Can Help Explain Rape