Definition that is product-based
However, the organizational structure of Walmart is a hierarchical functional one. Such a structure happens to have two features which are:
The definition that is function-based.
The feature of the hierarchy structure pertains to authority and command lines that are vertical throughout the structure of the organization (Lombardo, 2017).
Explain what types of control processes might be found in each of the organizational structures.
This kind of control happens to be entailing the use of strategically relevant and long-term criteria. Such criteria are however behavioral. Such means that they need high levels of diversity that are cognitive under management that is of top-level. Managers under the corporate-level require strategic control to ensure that they get operational understanding different units of operation within the organization. In such instances, information gets gathered through formal and informal types of discussions (Management, 2017).
This kind of control involves the use of objective criteria by managers who are corporate-level for the purpose of evaluating returns earned by personal business units (Management, 2017). Due to performance measures, in this case, are largely independent, there is no collaboration within divisions unless mutual benefits exist and of which will lead to the realization of cost savings. Otherwise, if the managers (corporate-level) have strategies which need interdependence implemented, access is reduced leading to reduced ability to add value with regards to financial control processes (Management, 2017).
Describe what types of quality management processes might be found in each of the organizational structures.
Centralized Quality Management
An organization with a centralized quality form of the Directorate happens to be led by a team that is of corporate quality managing high-level goals. Most organizations pursue this type of a management strategy (Shah, 2017).
Decentralized Quality Management
This management approach is associated with organizations that use decentralized business aspects. Most of these organizations are made up of independent units organized via product lines (Shah, 2017).
This kind of management is all about managing global processes which can deliver benefits from the centralized approach (Shah, 2017).
Smithson, N. (2017). Googles Organizational Structure & Organizational Culture - Panmore Institute. Panmore Institute. Retrieved 3 September 2017, from http://panmore.com/google-organizational-structure-organizational-cultureLombardo, J. (2017). Walmart: Organizational Structure & Organizational Culture - Panmore Institute. Panmore Institute. Retrieved 3 September 2017, from http://panmore.com/walmart-organizational-structure-organizational-cultureManagement. (2017). Organizational Structure & Control. Albany.edu. Retrieved 3 September 2017, from http://www.albany.edu/faculty/es8949/bmgt481/lecture7.htmlShah, M. (2017). 3 Different Ways to Structure Quality In Your Company. Blog.lnsresearch.com. Retrieved 3 September 2017, from http://blog.lnsresearch.com/bid/172874/3-different-ways-to-structure-quality-in-your-company
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the collegeessaywriter.net website, please click below to request its removal:
- Ministry Leadership Application Plan for a Church. Self-Leadership Growth Plan. Research Paper.
- Course Work Example: Malaysia Airline System - Company Profile
- Essay on Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Research Hostile Work Environments and How They Affect Employees - Paper Example
- Brief Summary of the Issues Faced - A Case Study of Citibank
- Brief History of Servant Leadership - Essay Example
- The Concept of Design Thinking - A Term Paper Example
- Essay on Leader, Follower Communication
- Preparing for a SWOT Analysis - Essay Sample
- Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) and LEAN for the Improvement of Patient Health
- Paper Example on the Concept of Value Chain
- Skate Shop in Central Plaza - Paper Example
- Professional Reflection: Being a Health Care Management Professional - Paper Example
- Honda Company Analysis - Paper Example
- Summary of Oral Pitch and Sharks Discussion Paper Example